1. Lifestyle changes: Reducing the risk of fractures is a huge contributor to lowering the chances of developing osteoporosis.
2. Nutritional changes: Diet is a great way to prevent osteoporosis but even after diagnosis it can be a huge aid to effective treatment.
3. Exercise changes: Increasing bone strength and density will increase the efficacy of the treatment plan and ensure a positive outcome.
4. Common drugs used in the treatment of osteoporosis are bisphosphonates - click Osteoporosis Treatment below for more info and a link to NICE guidelines.
5. Hormone-related treatment: Replacing oestrogen in women and testosterone in men can have beneficial outcomes. Although this treatment must be balanced with the possible side effects.
Click below for further information on current treatments available.
Prevention is nearly always better than the cure, so read these top five tips on how you can prevent osteoporosis before it starts.Avoid osteoporosis