1. Back pain caused by a fractured vertebra: When multiple fractures occur together they can cause extreme pain and disability.
2. Loss of height over time: It can be unclear what is happening until there are clear spinal imaging results revealing multiple fractures collapsing the spine.
3. A stooped posture: Osteoporosis can be masked by other conditions making diagnosis difficult unless the individual goes on to develop further complications.
4. A bone fractures more easily than expected: Osteoporosis may have no symptoms until there is a crisis - in the event of a single fracture it may not be clear that osteoporosis is the culprit.
5. Ongoing muscle spasms: The pain can be debilitating to mental health. Women diagnosed report elevated instances of depression, reduced sense of well-being and reduced quality of life.
If you do need to be treated, read our top 5 most common and effective treatments for curing osteoporosis.Focus on effective treatment